Originally posted June 16, 2010
When the heat is on, our dates can be challenging. We love spending time outdoors, but when the mercury climbs over 90 degrees it certainly puts a damper on those plans. This is why we’ve come up with a list of Summer
Sizzlin’ Date Ideas:
1. Squirt Gun Challenge. Make two T-Shirts using fabric markers or paints that have several circles with different point values. Stand outside, 10 ft. apart and each take turns shooting at the others targets. Keep score…and who knows the loser just might be the winner! We guarantee the husbands will have more fun seeing where they hit or miss! This is a cool game that adds heat of a different kind!
2. Take a cold shower together.
3. Go out for Ice Cream or share a Banana Split. Check out The Glass Knife in Winter Park. They are introducing a new Doughnutt Banana Split today in honor of National Donut Day–perfect for a sweet date.
4. Visit a water park together for the afternoon or entire day! Or have a water balloon fight.
6. Go to the beach and build a sand castle together. Afterward jump in the water with your knight in shining armor! Land locked? Go to the nearest lake or springs! If you can’t make it to the waterfront, HERE are directions for making a sand castle at home you can keep.
7. Take a walk in the rain with an umbrella.
8. Pack a cold picnic. Think of cold salads, fruit, and desserts – even drinks that are sure to cool you off. As an added refreshment – pack a hand towel in ice water. Take it out and wrap it around your spouse’s neck.
9. Rooftop Date. Have you ever viewed the sky from the top of your roof? Why not plan an evening, literally “Under The Stars”. To introduce your date idea, send your spouse this You Tube video of Carole King’s, Up On The Roof.
10. Go Skinny Dipping. We realize this can only happen in a place where you feel safe, but with a little planning you could make this happen. It’s a sure way to cool off and heat up at the same time! The best kind of Summer Sizzlin’ Date!