We are really enjoying our time together at home during this crisis, and we are grateful to be in good health. But four weeks in and we’re having to get creative with our time. So far we have:
- Walked daily around our block
- Weeded, fertilized and watered our garden
- Cooked a lot of meals
- Baked a lot of treats
- Ordered take out from some of our favorite locally owned restaurants
- Read books
- Hosted our first Zoom Marriage Community Group meeting
- Played cards
- Put together a jigsaw puzzle
- Drawn encouraging chalk drawings on our driveway
- Hidden teddy bears for our neighbors to spot from the street
- Prayed. Worshiped and read our Bibles
It has been like a staycation only with the added reminder to care and pray for those on the frontline of this horrible pandemic.
Monday we tried our hand at mini golf…inside our house. We set up nine holes using styrofoam cups as our “hole”. We placed many obstacles in the way to make it even more challenging. But the most difficult part of the course was our unleveled floor. Tom would hit the ball right next to the cup, only to watch it roll and roll and roll faraway from the cup. But don’t feel sorry for him; never feel sorry for Tom when he’s losing. He always makes a comeback and this time was no different. He beat me by one point. ;-/
And here are some photos of our mini golf challenge:
What have you been doing with your time? We’d love to hear.
There are really weirded days
for which one could not prepare,
but I am homebound anyways,
and so I do not care.
Sixteen dogs to exercise,
so I won’t be getting fat,
and I don’t want to dramatize,
but has anybody seen the cat?
The things I did I still must do,
and that takes all my time;
cutting wood, applying glue,
and occasionally, sonnet-rhyme.
Oh, yes, and I found the kitty,
asleep next to Roscoe the Pittie.
This is so cute. Very creative!