What began in 2008 as a way to corral all our date-night ideas into one place, has turned into this blog with 2,000 blog posts written, published and filed. If you are new to our site, we have lots of information hiding in the archives. This is why we have provided the category drop-down menu for you to easily browse the many topics. See right side bar if you are on your computer. If not, the categories menu is not easily accessed.
We thought it would be fun to highlight some of the interesting stats as a way to say thank you for following The Romantic Vineyard. And also as a way to encourage us to continue doing this even in difficult seasons. Marriage doesn’t take a vacation when life gets hard. It requires diligence in all seasons or we will drift apart. This is what keeps us doing this year after year.
In 2,000 Posts We Have:
- Written a total of 801,742 words. Goodness this scares me. That’s an average of 401 words a post. I love words, but this surprises even me!
- Year with the most posts was 2011
- Year with the most views 2012
- Most views on a single day – July 4, 2012, totaled: 9,748. We have no idea what happened on this day because we had no comments. I think someone linked to us accidentally, but it’s still a fun fact. 🙂
- Total comments since the beginning is 6,665. I bring this up because I need at least two comments on THIS post to keep us from parking on four sixes. Thank you.
- Most popular day is Tuesday at noon. This is most likely because I’m only posting once a week now if that often, and it’s usually on Tuesday.
- Greatest achievement was being a part of establishing the Christian Marriage Bloggers Association (CMBA). We began this to help marriage blogs that are based on Biblical principles regarding marriage to connect. The friends we have made across the country are evidence that this has worked. Very grateful.
- Most popular page is Fireproof Your Marriage, where we offer the 40 day challenge to help your marriage if it’s struggling.
- Most popular post Clue Date Night with a Sexy Twist. Look it up for yourself. It’s a fun at-home date you’ll not soon forget.
- Most popular series is Alphabet Date Night Ideas – a great way to start dating your spouse again if it’s been a long time.
Next month will mark 14 years of blogging. Thank you for being a part of our blog family. We read and reply to every comment. And we are grateful to have an input into the success of your marriage whether you’re just beginning or you’ve been doing this for decades.
Marriage matters because it is the only relationship on earth to mirror Christ’s love for the Church.
One day He will return, but until then let our marriage stand as a testimony to a watching world. Even if they don’t recognize it’s significance now, one day they will. Praying for you as you pursue a healthy marriage for God’s glory.
Thank you for reading and for commenting (see point 5 above) 🙂 to let us know you’re still here.
Your diligence is awesome,
something, yeah, to see,
a cross between rose blossom
and mighty redwood tree.
I don’t know how you do this thing,
but boy, I’m glad you do,
for fading marriages take wing
all because of you,
and hands that fell from other hands
reach out in hope again
to the One who understands
and who will take the pain
of those whose union’s essence
is to be gathered in His presence.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Well done! Many blessings to both of you.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks Paul and Lori.
It has been quite the journey. We value your encouragement—always have.