This past weekend we had the privilege of coordinating an amazing wedding. This is the bride. Every bride is beautiful and none more so than your very own. We love being a part of the beginning of married love. With all the plans which take months to insure their dreams come true, our purpose is to be there for the “happily ever after.” A wedding is hard work. It takes hours to make sure every detail has been thought of and planned. But marriage is even harder. We can’t expect our years together to be easy, and if you know this beforehand it will make the difficult years easier to endure. Our friends, Stu and Lisa Gray with The Stupendous Marriage blog, have an excellent post which addresses the whole issue of longevity in marriage. We highly recommend it to you.
We have also just ended our Ultimate Blog Challenge to post everyday during the month of July. It has been good, but quite a challenge. We are grateful for the many new couples who have joined our community. We pray you’ll make yourself known by commenting and adding your wisdom to our archives. The Romantic Vineyard exists for all couples desiring to grow their marriage for the glory of God. He will help you as you humbly pursue Him. We know because He is the reason we have anything to share with others.
If you’re looking for something special to celebrate this week – we have you covered. 🙂
♥ Fun Dates To Celebrate ♥
First of all August is Romance Awareness Month as well as National Picnic Month. So make plans to have at least one romantic picnic this month.
- National Ice Cream Sandwich Day – surprise your spouse by making your own with these recipes.
- National Watermelon Day – have a seed spitting contest for fun.
- International Forgiveness Day – make amends if you are harboring unforgiveness. If it’s too big to conquer on your own, purpose today to seek the help you need to resolve this conflict.
- National Lighthouse Day – visit a local lighthouse. If you’re not near the coast – watch a movie with a lighthouse featured. Here’s a great list of lighthouse movies with the names and locations of the lighthouses featured.
♥ Things To Do In Orlando ♥
- Orlando Museum of Art – presents 1st Thursdays on August 4th from 6p – 9p. Cost is $10 – FREE for members. This month’s theme is Message and Medium: Graphic Design & Illustration.
- Orlando – Bank of America cardholders are offered a special treat this weekend – August 6th – 7th. Free admission to the Orlando Museum of Art, Mennello Museum of American Art and the Orange County Regional History Center.
- Winter Park – Music at the Casa on Sunday, August 7th from 12p – 3p. FREE. Featuring Alexia Jowers Flute Ensemble.
- Maitland – Lake Lily Truck Pod Cafe – Every Tuesday night a group of several Food Trucks gather at beautiful Lake Lily Park to offer their delicious food for an evening picnic. The food truck variety usually includes: Yum Yum Cupcake Truck, The Crooked Spoon, Big Wheel Provisions, Korean BBQ Taco Truck, Tree House Truck, Red Eye BBQ and Mr Twistee. August 2nd from 6p – 9p. Bring a blanket and chairs as tables are scarce and go quickly.
- Sanford – Jazzed in Sanford is a FREE outdoor concert which will take place on Saturday, August 6th from 4p – 7p.
- Leu Gardens – Date Night in the Gardens features a movie shown under a starlit sky on Friday, August 5th. This month’s feature is Twilight and the cost is $5 per adult – FREE for Garden members. Pack a dinner with blankets and chairs for a romantic evening.
- Deland – Tropical Storm Nights on Friday, August 5th from 6p – 9p. FREE. Everyone’s favorite tropical street party gets a second chance! Tropical Hammer Steel Drum band will be back along with the Crazy Hat Contest, limbo, hula and merchant specials!
- Kissimmee – Blue Grass Jam Session at the Osceola County Historical Society on Sunday, August 7th from 1:00 – 3:30. FREE. Bill Monroe, a bluegrass pioneer said, “…It’s blues and jazz, and it has a high lonesome sound. It’s plain music that tells a good story. It’s played from my heart to your heart, and it will touch you. Bluegrass is music that matters.”
What are your plans for this week? Share with us your special date night – we’d love to hear about it.