This really is one of our favorite times to travel. Living in Florida we miss the fall colors so prevalent all over the country. Most of my favorite photography shots are taken this time of year, so I will most likely be sharing many with you from my vast assortment in the coming weeks. The picture above was taken on one of our trips to upstate New York – Youngstown, to be exact. This week we are in AZ for Tom’s work, and I’m sure I will be adding many more great pictures to my library. Sedona, Tucson and Scottsdale are all on our list, and since I love Route 66 – a quick trip up to Flagstaff is on my wish list too. Have a great week!
♥ Fun Dates To Celebrate ♥
- International Talk Like A Pirate Day – plan a date around this holiday. Visit a local Party Store to do it up right. Least of all you could watch any or all of the episodes of Pirates of the Caribbean.
- National Punch Day – since there are no articles as to what kind of punch this is celebrating – have fun coming up with your own interpretation and celebration.
- Miniature Golf Day – a fun date night for sure! Award special incentives for hole in one shots. 🙂
- World Gratitude Day – take time to share your gratitude with your spouse. It’s sure to make them grateful, which will make them share gratitude with you, and so on and so on.
- Elephant Appreciation Day – yes, even elephants need to be appreciated. Have you ever seen an elephant with low self-esteem? A date night suggestion – The Elephant Bar and Grill.
- Checkers Day – challenge your spouse to a round.
- Native American Day – try your hand at cooking Indian style.
- National Cherries Jubilee Day – even cherries need their freedom.
- National Comic Book Day – maybe your spouse grew up marveling those marvelous Marvel comic book characters. Relive their childhood by going to see their favorite comic book movie.
♥ Things To Do In Orlando ♥
Remember September is Magical Dining Month at many area restaurants.
- Altamonte Springs – Crane’s Roost Park presents Friday Night Live on September 23rd from 7p – 9p. FREE.
- Museum Day – Saturday, September 24th all day long participating museums will be FREE.
- Sanford Art Walk on Friday, September 23rd from 6p – 8:30p. FREE.
- Casselberry – Latin Jazz Fest on Saturday, September 24th from 6p – 9p at Lake Concord Park. Bring your blanket and enjoy a night under the stars. FREE.
- New Smyrna Beach – Jazz Fest will be held September 23rd throught the 25th. See site for details. FREE.
- Celebration – Art and Wine Stroll on Saturday, September 24th. FREE.