I got a text from my daughter in Atlanta today with a chilling report; Bradley, our two year old grandson nearly choked on a life saver during worship at their church. Tracy looked at him and noticed his lips were blue and wasn’t breathing. She immediately grabbed him and did the heimlich maneuver on his little body, thus saving his life. I was relieved and realized the phone call could have been much different.
How ironic to nearly choke to death on a life saver!
Yet, this can happen in marriage as well. We all sin. We all struggle. We all face times when our marriage isn’t playing out the way we expected. But God is ever watching, ready to help us in our time of need. He is ready to help us, to free us from that which would seek to destroy our marriage.
What is causing you to choke today? Finances? Lack of sexual intimacy? Joblessness? Anger and/or bitterness? Unconfessed sin? Adultery? Whatever it is there is hope for you. Don’t let these sins and/or troubles choke out the love you share with your spouse. Even when it seems they are the ones who have caused you the trouble, God is your ever present help. Run to Him and ask for His guidance to continue loving your spouse the way Christ has loved you. And watch how God rescues you. He loves to rescue His children, and your marriage is included, if we will but ask!
Why not plan some time this week to talk about the little things that trouble you? Don’t wait until they are so big you can hardly breathe! God desires to give life to our marriages, not take it away. But we must listen to Him and respond accordingly.
♥ Things To Do In Orlando ♥
- Winter Park – 2nd Thursdays at Hannibal Square. Event features live music, art and entertainment in the Hannibal Square district (New England Avenue between New York and Pennsylvania.) Free admission.
- Winter Park – Morse Museum of American Art presents its Open House on Friday, April 13th from 4p – 8p. FREE chamber music as well as admission.
- Winter Park – Doggie Art Festival on Sunday, April 15th from 10a. to 4p.
- Maitland – The Maitland Art Center presents Culture and Cocktails on Friday, April 13th from 6p – 9p. Admission is $5 and includes one drink ticket. The Crepe Company Food Truck will be onsite offering delicious food. Live music as well as live exhibits will enhance the evening.
- Maitland – Spring Festival of the Arts will take place on April 14th & 15th. Enjoy fine arts and crafts around beautiful Lake Lily in Maitland from 9am – 5pm on Saturday and 9am – 4pm on Sunday.Free admission.
- Florida Film Festival will begin on Friday, April 13th and run through April 22nd. See site for details.
- Harry P. Leu Gardens presents the Jazz N Blues Stroll on Saturday, April 14th from 7p. – 10p. Pack a picnic, bring your chairs and enjoy live music under the stars. Cost is varied, see site for prices. Gates open at 6:30p.
- Lake Eola – Spring Festival in the Park on April 14th and 15th.
- Orlando Parade of Homes begins on Saturday, April 14th.
- Sanford – Alive After Five presents its annual Chili Cook Off on Thursday, April 12th from 5p – 9p. Cost is $5 and includes samples of food and drinks.
- Altamonte Springs – Uptown Altamonte presents Friday Night Live on April 13th from 7p – 9p. FREE.
- Mt. Dora – Movie in the Park on Friday, April 13th. Showtime is Dusk. FREE.
- Oviedo – Taste of Oviedo will take place on Saturday, April 14th from 10a. to 6p. See site for details.
- St. Cloud at Harmony – Dark Sky Festival will take place on Saturday, April 14th. This outdoor festival at Harmony in St. Cloud from 7 – 11pm will include stargazing through telescopes with knowledgeable guides to explain what guests are seeing, informative speakers, live entertainment and a kid zone with hands on interactive exhibits. Free admission.
- Celebration – Exotic Car Festival on Thursday, April 12th – Sunday, April 15th. The Ferrari Club of Central Florida will exhibit their cars at the waterfront. Admission is FREE.