With it being Labor Day weekend, we wanted to provide you with a great list of marriage blogs we love and their recent posts which stood out to us as SPECIAL. These couples have worked hard to help our marriages grow day after day, post after post whether we take the time to read them or not. We hope you’ll have time to read the ones listed below, but also to leave a comment thanking them for serving all marriages (your marriage) in such a helpful way. Blogging isn’t easy – it takes time, study and personal pursuit of godliness in your own life and marriage; You can’t give what you don’t have! So if you only have time to read one post, make sure you leave a comment of “thanks!” It is Labor Day after all!
Have a safe and enjoyable weekend. We will be welcoming another blogging couple into our home on Labor Day – we’ll tell you all about it next week! Until then…it is
- The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Husbands – Habit #1 – If this series is as helpful as this first post, then this is NOT to be missed. It includes a brief description of the Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman. Do you know your spouse’s love language?
- The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Husbands – Habit #2
Hot, Holy and Humorous
- Don’t Touch Me: I’m Exhausted! – If you’ve said or even thought this in your marriage, please make this post a priority. Very helpful!
Journey To Surrender
- Sexual Surrender – this link will take you to the final post of this week long series. It’s an excellent overview of what Scott discussed all week. If this post speaks to you, please take time to read the entire series.
- Husbands Must Provide Financial Leadership, experts say… If financial issues between you and your wife are difficult, then this post addresses it beautifully. The Open Letter To Husbands Lori links to is also well-written with great content. Don’t let the topic scare you, the health of your marriage may depend on it.
- I Am Not My Own – A powerful post both husband and wife, married or single readers MUST read. If this is practiced in a marriage your Romantic Vineyard is set apart and able to flourish and grow.
- Dude Challenge: Where’s Your Trust?
Marriage Missions International
- Lies Told Between The Sheets – Wow. This post, a guest post from Paul Byerly of The Generous Husband blog, will open your eyes as to the subtle ways we can deceive our spouse without even realizing it.
- Getting A Masters Degree In Marriage – a powerful analogy of the dedication it takes to have a strong, God-glorifying marriage. How well are you studying your spouse?
One Flesh Marriage
- Fight The Good Fight – This one is written by Kate for the wives, but it is applicable to husbands as well. Excellent and practical providing three steps to fight the good fight.
The Generous Husband
- Separate Beds? – You may surprised at the number of couples who view this as an option. Read this post and see what you think. Don’t miss the points at the end for the reasons it’s good to sleep together.
- Separate Vacations? – Another great post. What are your thoughts on this?
The Generous Wife
- Listen Up – How well do you listen, I mean really listen to your husband?
- Fix It – Another good reminder with tips on how to do it well.
- Learn From A Life – Lori shares her love for biographies with her husband. A great way to connect on an intellectual level.
The Stupendous Marriage Show
- The Conversation Is More Important Than The Answer – We absolutely LOVE this post and the couple who are behind it. Stu and Lisa have welcomed us into their lives, and we invite you to welcome them into yours.