Eight months ago Tom took me away for our 32nd anniversary. The plan was to spend a couple of days playing golf at a beautiful course in south Orlando. You may remember we had to go from Plan A to Plan B because of an unexpected injury. It was quite disappointing, but it didn’t ruin our time – we were together after all, and this was the point.
Well, this past Saturday we were able to finally play that second round of golf at the beautiful golf course aforementioned. It was a perfect day with temperatures in the low 70’s, deep blue skies and a slight breeze. We share this with you simply as a follow-up to our forced change of plans. It was good to be together on this day, but it was made even sweeter because of the anticipation we’ve had for months to finally finish this round. We were full of gratefulness that neither of us were hurt or sick or any myriad of other things that could have happened. Even when we found ourself in the sand dunes – we won’t mention whose ball this is! But we’ve learned…there’s always Plan B. 🙂
♥ Fun Dates To Celebrate ♥
- National Bologna Day – I don’t know what this says about our nation to have a day so named, but we do. Do you think this is a bunch of bologna? It’s appropriate on all days, but especially this one. 🙂
- Punk for a Day Day – If you’ve always wanted to dress really weird and dye your hair a bright color, you can do it today. Let you imagination go wild and it can probably be considered “punk.”
- World Pasta Day – Now this is a day you can sink your teeth into. Caio!
- Navy Day – Celebrate by watching one of your favorite war movies about the Navy. The link will take you to some of the most popular – please note, we have not endorsed any of these films.
- National Tell A Story Day – This day is actually celebrated in the UK, but it sounds like a fun idea. Plan to read a story aloud to your spouse and set the scene by using music and lighting to your advantage.
- Frankenstein Friday – celebrating this date might be a frightful experience. But I learned some interesting trivia for this one. Whose father did the man who played the Frankenstein from the movie Young Frankenstein movie portray in a recent television sitcom? Comment with your answers – no prize…just for fun!
- National Candy Corn Day – make a mosaic together using this traditional fall candy. Then eat your artwork.
♥ Things To Do In Orlando ♥
There isn’t much happening around town this week due to it being Halloween next Monday. Tom had an idea though – plan your own costume party using items you already own. Could be a fun night full of tricks and treats!
- Casselberry – Halloween Classical Night of Music Concert on Saturday, Octo
- New Smyrna Beach – 2nd Annual Canaveral Sea Shore Plein Air Paint Out – Begins on Monday, the 24th and runs through Saturday, the 29th. See site for details.