Tonight we turn our clocks back an hour, ending Daylight Saving Time for 2014. Not all areas of the country take part in this annual manipulation of time, but if you do, we have some ideas on how to squeeze in an hour of romance for your spouse’s pleasure.
One Hour Romantic Ideas:
- Bake your spouse’s favorite treat, and read out loud to each other from your favorite author.
- Take turns giving each other a 30 minute massage. (Great tips from the Dating Divas blog)
- Put your electronics away, pour your favorite beverage and purpose to talk about your marriage. Topics not allowed in this discussion: children, work, church activities, politics, hot topics that usually lead to conflict. If you’re not sure what to discuss, use these questions to help you.
- Take a walk holding hands.
- Play Romantic Scrabble.
- Start a Thanksgiving-themed jigsaw puzzle, or try this version with a romantic twist.
- Dance to your favorite music, or watch your favorite music videos on You Tube. Here’s one of our favorites songs:
- Play Flash-Light Tag
- Play Blind Spouse Bluff.
- Try out this Mall Date that takes an hour.
We hope these ideas will spark some romance in your marriage tonight. However, if you can’t redeem your hour tonight, why not write a note to your spouse with the date and time when you can. The anticipation will make it even better, especially if they don’t know what you have planned. 😉
Let’s make this time of year an annual tradition of romance in our marriages. Think of it as a way to help us both “Fall Back In Love”.