It’s been three months since we asked you to take a poll letting us know one or two areas where your marriage is most in need. We had a great response, thank you!
Our Current Need For Marriage Help poll results:
- 15% Spiritual Intimacy – helping each other grow in your relationship with the Lord
- 30% Physical Intimacy – sexual vulnerability, honesty, mismatched libido, fear, shame
- 5% Intellectual Intimacy – helping each other learn and discover new likes and interests, as well as support the ones you already know
- 18% Cherishing Us – date nights, romantic ideas, building your spouse up to be the best they can be
- 20% Emotional Intimacy – connecting with each other heart to heart.
- 10% Struggles with addiction, anger, shame, bitterness, unforgiveness, fears
Physical Intimacy is by far the greatest need, according to our poll. We want to spend concerted time sharing with you encouragement, resources and help in this area of intimacy. We hope to do this in a way that will embolden you to lean in to each other as you pursue growth and change.
Join us every Thursday as we share an in-depth post about how to grow in your physical intimacy as husband and wife. We will provide a Physical Intimacy Prompt to use on your weekly date night to help you talk about this together. We will also end each post with a prayer for you to use in asking God for His help in changing this area of your marriage for His glory.
“Intimacy is about sharing something with your spouse that you don’t share with anybody else. It’s letting [your spouse] in. It’s laughing together. And it’s also feeling that deep hunger for each other!”
― Nine Thoughts That Can Change Your Marriage: Because a Great Relationship Doesn’t Happen by Accident
We encourage you to purchase the book we will be using in our series. It’s titled Sheet Music, by Dr. Kevin Leman. Our posts will refer to his advice and tips as a marriage counselor and psychologist.
Intimate days are so far gone,
and yes, that is a pity,
but what, with cancer, I’ve become,
you wouldn’t want to know me.
The only path through the days
is paved with cold hard laughter
and a heavy-metal hymn of praise;
do not talk of what comes after.
Today is simply all I’ve got,
so I will not plan with you;
I’m sorry dear, that it’s your lot
but it’s real, and sadly true.
It isn’t right, it isn’t fair,
but it is the cost we bear.
LikeLiked by 1 person