Flirting can be a sinful way for singles to draw attention to themselves from the opposite sex. We are warned repeatedly in scripture not to practice such things!
However, if you’re married – have at it!
It’s perfectly permissible to flirt regularly with the one who loves you “til death do us part”. If you have never practiced this before you may feel awkward or even shy about it, but don’t let this stop you. In fact, if this is the case, then you have waited too long to make the most of this God-ordained relationship. The Song of Solomon is full of examples that we’re to model in wooing our spouse in love.
“O my dove, in the clefts of the rock,
in the crannies of the cliff,
let me see your face,
let me hear your voice,
for your voice is sweet,
and your face is lovely.” Song of Solomon 2:14
Here are some quick ideas to help you practice:
- Come up with a secret code to communicate across the room your intentions for later
- Have a private pet name for each other and keep it that way
- Send your spouse a steamy e-mail
- French kiss your spouse when they least expect it
- Whisper sweet somethings in their ear during a meeting
- Kiss them all over while they’re on the phone
- Mouth the words “I love you” without speaking.
- Use your senses – click here for lots of ways to flirt his senses (these ideas can be used for either wife to husband or vice versa)
May we encourage you to start flirting with your husband/wife today? It is the best and most effective way to keep those embers of romance burning in your hearts for one another, not to mention its great fun!